Difference: ResearchJournalForDanielaHikariYano (1 vs. 24)

Revision 242021-08-09 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
August 6th (Friday)
  • CRPropa:
    • continued trying to plot skymap
August 5th (Thursday)
  • Meeting with Qi to learn more about DQMs and talk about CRPropa
  • CRPropa:
    • small sphere observer
    • tried to plot skymap
August 4th (Wednesday)
  • Run stage 6 for RX J0648.7+1516
August 3rd (Tuesday) August 2nd (Monday)
  • Made a multi-messenger astronomy cartoon
July 30th (Friday)
  • run stage 6 for RGB J0710 again, one run for alpha = 0.01
  • read about superluminal motion
 July 29th (Thursday)
  • Organized runlist for 1ES 1727 and run download
July 28th (Wednesday)

Revision 232021-07-30 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
July 29th (Thursday)
  • Organized runlist for 1ES 1727 and run download
July 28th (Wednesday)
  • SRI poster session
July 27th (Tuesday)
  • Practiced for SRI poster session
July 26th (Monday)
  • Made some slides for group meeting
  • Run stage 6 for RGB J0710 again, deleting one run
 July 23th (Friday)
  • Worked on poster, final touches
July 22th (Thursday)

Revision 222021-07-27 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
July 23th (Friday)
  • Worked on poster, final touches
July 22th (Thursday)
  • Worked on poster:
    • made some cartoons
    • worked on methods, results, conclusion
July 21th (Wednesday)
  • Used Qi's jupyter notebook to generate SEDs with veritas and fermi-lat analysis
  • Worked on poster:
    • wrote introduction, hypothesis
July 20th (Tuesday)
  • Added 1ES 0229+200 VEGAS analysis to wiki
  • Rerun analysis for MS 1221
July 19th (Monday)
  • RGB J0710: check if stage 6 finished
    • run again with star exclusion = 7
  • light curve for 1ES 0229
  • Finish slides with readings
 July 16th (Friday)
  • Run stage 6 for MS 1221 (again, because had to unable zenith correction)
  • Run stage 6 for 1ES 0229 (again, changing star exclusion magnitude to 8 because of 3 stars)

Revision 212021-07-18 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
July 16th (Friday)
  • Run stage 6 for MS 1221 (again, because had to unable zenith correction)
  • Run stage 6 for 1ES 0229 (again, changing star exclusion magnitude to 8 because of 3 stars)
  • Run stages 1-5 for RGB J0710
July 15th (Thursday)
  • Attended Amy Furniss talk
  • Run stage 6 for MS 1221
  • Run stage 6 for 1ES 0229 (again, using Li&Ma calculation)
July 14th (Wednesday)
  • Meeting with Reshmi, Qi, Colin, and Gwen about SRI poster
  • Run stage 6 for 1ES 0229 (again, changing star exclusion magnitude to 7 because of star Ari 26)
 July 13th (Tuesday)
  • Run stage 6 for 1ES 0229
  • Download and run stages 1-5 for MS 1221

Revision 202021-07-13 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
July 13th (Tuesday)
  • Run stage 6 for 1ES 0229
  • Download and run stages 1-5 for MS 1221
  • Prepared files for RGB J0710 VEGAS analysis
July 12th (Monday)
  • Set up jupyter notebook with python 2.7 kernel to run CRPropa
  • Run some CRPropa example notebooks
 July 9th (Friday)
  • Installed CRPropa!
  • Set up jupyter notebooks with gammapy env

Revision 192021-07-09 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
July 9th (Friday)
  • Installed CRPropa!
  • Set up jupyter notebooks with gammapy env
July 8th (Thursday)
  • Attended Sara Buson talk (Barnard Astroparticle Colloquium Series)
  • Meeting with Prof. Mukherjee, Qi, and Colin to decide plans fro SRI poster:
  • Made spreadsheet with number of runs to each source to decide which I'll analyze this summer
July 7th (Wednesday)
  • Started looking into Barnard poster session
  • Read "A unifying view of the spectral energy distributions of blazars"
July 6th (Tuesday)
  • Slides for the gp meeting
  • Had to re-run 1ES0229 stages 1-5:
    • wrote a python script to remove all 3-telescope runs and the RHV runs
 July 2nd (Friday)
  • Attempted to install crpropa --> many issues and couldn't figure out
July 1st (Thursday)

Revision 182021-07-07 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
July 2nd (Friday)
  • Attempted to install crpropa --> many issues and couldn't figure out
July 1st (Thursday)
  • Attended Reina Maruyama talk
  • Meeting with Elisa and Qi
  • Read about Extragalactic magnetic fields
June 30th (Wednesday)
  • Read paper about the first detection of 3C 279 at VHE
  • Read about Extragalactic background light
 June 28th (Tuesday)
  • Attended talk about RARAF
  • Read "Systematic physical characterization of the gamma-ray spectra of 2FHL blazars"

Revision 172021-06-29 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 28th (Tuesday)
  • Attended talk about RARAF
  • Read "Systematic physical characterization of the gamma-ray spectra of 2FHL blazars"
  • Continued the troubleshooting for 1ES0229
    • download for lines 147-154 worked separately
    • submitted jobs to condor
 June 28th (Monday)
Changed:
<
<
  • Did some slides for the group meeting
  • Had some troubles with downloading and reached out to Colin and Deivid
>
>
  • Prepared some slides for the group meeting
  • Had some troubles with download of 1ES0229 (many sources took the whole weekend and failed) and reached out to Colin and Deivid:
    • run without the lines 147-154 --> worked, submitted the jobs
 June 25th (Thursday)
Changed:
<
<
  • Read "Cut-off Characterization of Energy Spectra of Bright Fermi Sources: Current instrument limits and future possibilities"
>
>
  • Read "Cut-off Characterization of Energy Spectra of Bright Fermi Sources: Current instrument limits and future possibilities":
    • They analyzed 3 sources: 3C 454.4, 3C 279, and the Vela pulsar
 
  • Started download of 1ES0229
June 24th (Thursday)
Changed:
<
<
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
>
>
  • Attended VERITAS collaboration meeting
 
  • Attended the talk "Hunting for ghost particles at the South Pole"
June 23th (Wednesday)
Changed:
<
<
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
  • organized runlist and timeCuts for 1ES0229
>
>
  • Attended VERITAS collaboration meeting
  • Organized runlist and timeCuts for 1ES0229 --> wrote a python script to make it faster (+400 runs) and sent to Qi so he could crosscheck
 June 22th (Tuesday)
Changed:
<
<
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
>
>
  • Attended VERITAS collaboration meeting
 
  • Attended Henrike Fleischhack's talk about HAWC Water Tanks
  • Talked with Qi:
    • start by doing an analysis on 1ES0229
  • Started writing about the scientific motivation
June 21th (Monday)
Changed:
<
<
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
>
>
  • Attended VERITAS collaboration meeting
 
  • Undergraduates meeting with prof. Mukherjee
  • Some edits to Sonal's proceeding do ICRC
  • Talked with Qi over Slack about some VEGAS analysis for blazars

Revision 162021-06-29 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 28th (Monday)
  • Did some slides for the group meeting
  • Had some troubles with downloading and reached out to Colin and Deivid
June 25th (Thursday)
  • Read "Cut-off Characterization of Energy Spectra of Bright Fermi Sources: Current instrument limits and future possibilities"
  • Started download of 1ES0229
June 24th (Thursday)
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
  • Attended the talk "Hunting for ghost particles at the South Pole"
 June 23th (Wednesday)
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
  • organized runlist and timeCuts for 1ES0229

Revision 152021-06-23 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 23th (Wednesday)
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
  • organized runlist and timeCuts for 1ES0229
June 22th (Tuesday)
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
  • Attended Henrike Fleischhack's talk about HAWC Water Tanks
  • Talked with Qi:
    • start by doing an analysis on 1ES0229
  • Started writing about the scientific motivation
June 21th (Monday)
  • VERITAS collaboration meeting
  • Undergraduates meeting with prof. Mukherjee
  • Some edits to Sonal's proceeding do ICRC
  • Talked with Qi over Slack about some VEGAS analysis for blazars
 June 17th (Thursday)
  • Ari's Thesis presentation
  • Read more about FSRQs

Revision 142021-06-18 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 17th (Thursday)
  • Ari's Thesis presentation
  • Read more about FSRQs
  • Prof. David Savin's talk about astrochemistry
 June 15th (Tuesday)
  • Completed the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training
  • Read Sonal's Overleaf document

Revision 132021-06-15 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 15th (Tuesday)
  • Completed the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training
  • Read Sonal's Overleaf document
June 14th (Monday)
  • Search more about the fours sources (when they were discovered, distance, location in the sky, etc.)
 June 10th (Thursday)
  • Meeting with Manel and Patel
  • Attended the Introduction to the Barnard Summer Colloquium Series

Revision 122021-06-14 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
June 10th (Thursday)
  • Meeting with Manel and Patel
Added:
>
>
  • Attended the Introduction to the Barnard Summer Colloquium Series
 
  • Read about VEGAS (especially about upper limits )
June 9th (Wednesday)
  • Run Stage 6 analysis again for the fours sources because I had to set UL_PhotonIndex = -3.5 and UL_DifferentialEnergy = 0

Revision 112021-06-12 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 10th (Thursday)
  • Meeting with Manel and Patel
  • Read about VEGAS (especially about upper limits )
 June 9th (Wednesday)
  • Run Stage 6 analysis again for the fours sources because I had to set UL_PhotonIndex = -3.5 and UL_DifferentialEnergy = 0
  • Added results to wiki page

Revision 102021-06-10 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Changed:
<
<
June 8th (Monday)
>
>
June 9th (Wednesday)
  • Run Stage 6 analysis again for the fours sources because I had to set UL_PhotonIndex = -3.5 and UL_DifferentialEnergy = 0
  • Added results to wiki page
  • Talked with Colin through Slack
June 8th (Tuesday)
 
  • Run Stage 6 analysis again for two sources (GB6 J0043, S3 0218) with different parameters (UL_PhotonIndex and UL_DifferentialEnergy)
  • Read articles sent by Manel about TeV emission from quasars
June 7th (Monday)

Revision 92021-06-08 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 8th (Monday)
  • Run Stage 6 analysis again for two sources (GB6 J0043, S3 0218) with different parameters (UL_PhotonIndex and UL_DifferentialEnergy)
  • Read articles sent by Manel about TeV emission from quasars
June 7th (Monday)
  • Run Stage 6 analysis again for two sources (GB6 J0043, S3 0218) with different parameters (UL_PhotonIndex and UL_DifferentialEnergy)
  • Read Ari's thesis (initial chapters)
 June 3rd (Thursday)
  • Meeting with Manel and Sonal
  • Add FSRQs results to twiki

Revision 82021-06-04 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 3rd (Thursday)
  • Meeting with Manel and Sonal
  • Add FSRQs results to twiki
 June 2nd (Wednesday)
  • Read "Observing the Energetic Universe at Very High Energies with the VERITAS Gamma Ray Observatory"
June 1st (Tuesday)

Revision 72021-06-02 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 2nd (Wednesday)
  • Read "Observing the Energetic Universe at Very High Energies with the VERITAS Gamma Ray Observatory"
 June 1st (Tuesday)
  • Rerun stage6 for 3C 454.3 with Ma & Li calculation
  • Started Barnard Responsible conduct of research (RCR) training

Revision 62021-06-02 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
June 1st (Tuesday)
  • Rerun stage6 for 3C 454.3 with Ma & Li calculation
  • Started Barnard Responsible conduct of research (RCR) training
  • Prepared slides for Thursday meeting with Manel and Sonal
 May 28th (Friday)
  • Run Stage 6 for PKS 0736
  • Run Stage 6 for 3C 454.3

Revision 52021-05-30 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
May 28th (Friday)
  • Run Stage 6 for PKS 0736
  • Run Stage 6 for 3C 454.3
May 27th (Thursday)
  • Started analysis for 3C 454.3
  • Submitted jobs for condor
 May 26th (Wednesday)
  • Run Stage 6 for GB6 J0043
  • Meeting with Colin: setted up Jupyter notebooks and looked at plotting code

Revision 42021-05-27 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Added:
>
>
May 26th (Wednesday)
  • Run Stage 6 for GB6 J0043
  • Meeting with Colin: setted up Jupyter notebooks and looked at plotting code
  • Started analysis for PKS 0736
 May 25th (Tuesday)
Changed:
<
<
  • Tried to figure out why S30218 stage 6 did not finish after more than 15hrs (talked with Colin through Slack)
>
>
  • Tried to figure out why S30218 Stage 6 did not finish after more than 15hrs (talked with Colin through Slack)
 May 24th (Monday)
  • Started run for S30218 stage 6
May 21th (Friday)

Revision 32021-05-25 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
May 25th (Tuesday)
  • Tried to figure out why S30218 stage 6 did not finish after more than 15hrs (talked with Colin through Slack)
May 24th (Monday)
  • Started run for S30218 stage 6
Changed:
<
<
May 20th (Friday)
>
>
May 21th (Friday)
 
  • Tried to run stage 6 for S3 0218 and GB6 J0043+3426, but had some problems
    • talked with Colin and Deivid through Slack and got some help
Changed:
<
<
May 19th (Thursday)
>
>
May 20th (Thursday)
 
  • Continued GB6 J0043+3426 VEGAS analysis
  • Started S3 0218 VEGAS analysis
Changed:
<
<
May 18th (Wednesday)
>
>
May 19th (Wednesday)
 
  • Continue writing VEGAS tutorial (stage 6)
  • Started GB6 J0043+3426 VEGAS analysis
    • T1 warning: missing telescope 1 data taking during observation
Changed:
<
<
May 17th (Tuesday)
>
>
May 18th (Tuesday)
 
  • Failures in the Crab run --> permissions problem in 75245
  • Meeting with Colin and Deivid --> run Stage 6
Changed:
<
<
May 16th (Monday)
>
>
May 17th (Monday)
 
  • Started to write VEGAS tutorial
  • Talked with Deivid and Colin through Slack:
    • discovered one of the jobs submitted Friday failed

Revision 22021-05-25 - DanielaHikariYano

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"
Changed:
<
<

Title

Article text.

>
>
May 25th (Tuesday)
  • Tried to figure out why S30218 stage 6 did not finish after more than 15hrs (talked with Colin through Slack)
May 24th (Monday)
  • Started run for S30218 stage 6
May 20th (Friday)
  • Tried to run stage 6 for S3 0218 and GB6 J0043+3426, but had some problems
    • talked with Colin and Deivid through Slack and got some help
May 19th (Thursday)
  • Continued GB6 J0043+3426 VEGAS analysis
  • Started S3 0218 VEGAS analysis
May 18th (Wednesday)
  • Continue writing VEGAS tutorial (stage 6)
  • Started GB6 J0043+3426 VEGAS analysis
    • T1 warning: missing telescope 1 data taking during observation
May 17th (Tuesday)
  • Failures in the Crab run --> permissions problem in 75245
  • Meeting with Colin and Deivid --> run Stage 6
May 16th (Monday)
  • Started to write VEGAS tutorial
  • Talked with Deivid and Colin through Slack:
    • discovered one of the jobs submitted Friday failed
    • resubmitted the job
 
Added:
>
>
May 14th (Friday)
  • Meeting with Colin and Deivid to get started with VEGAS analysis:
    • started to run Crab analysis
 -- Massimo Capasso - 2021-05-25

Comments

Deleted:
<
<
<--/commentPlugin-->
 \ No newline at end of file
Added:
>
>

<--/commentPlugin-->

Revision 12021-05-25 - MassimoCapasso

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="SummerResearchJournals"

Title

Article text.

-- Massimo Capasso - 2021-05-25

Comments

<--/commentPlugin-->
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback