To edit any pages on this TWikiSite, you must have a registered user name and password, manually confirmed by the site administrator.
Read this before you attempt to register
You must have a research connection with Nevis Labs
or its associated experiments to register for an account. Anyone else creating an account will have that account deleted immediately.
The wiki webmaster gets a note when you register. If he doesn't recognize your name, he'll delete your account and your Nevis.TWiki home page. If you're not certain the webmaster knows who you are, place an explanation in the Comments field.
This is mandatory if you're using a commercial e-mail service (such as Gmail) instead of one based at your research institution.
If your account is deleted, you will receive no warning or e-mail of any kind.
You can't edit any pages, not the even your automatically-generated Nevis.TWiki home page, unless the webmaster grants approval to your account. If you're not affiliated with Nevis, and you're trying to create a page for personal reasons, registering here won't work.
Some research groups have private web pages. You can't see those pages unless the webmaster adds you to the appropriate group. If you want an account to view a particular set of private web pages, it's a good idea to include that in the comments. If you need to see more than one private web, include that in the comments as well.
To be blunt: If you work at or with Nevis, welcome! If you don't, go away.
Why the harsh language? Because spammers, hackers, and other cretins continuously attempt to create pages on this site for personal reasons. Of course, the above warnings don't stop them, but at least they've been warned and they can't (or don't) complain.
When TWiki receives the form, it will mail an account activation code to the e-mail address you gave above. Enter that activation code in the following screen, or follow the link in the e-mail, to activate your account. Once your account is activated, TWiki will:
- Finish creating an account for you, so that you can potentially edit pages using your WikiName.
- Create your personal TWiki topic using your WikiName as topic name, and add the data you submitted to the topic.
- Add your name to the list of users in the TWikiUsers topic in the Nevis web.
- Send you a confirmation of your registration by e-mail.
- Even after registering, you won't be able to edit the Wiki (nor access private areas) until the webmaster manually confirms your registration. Once you receive a separate confirmation e-mail, you'll be able to work with the Wiki.
- Note: The TWikiGuest account, normally available on TWiki web pages, has been disabled for the Nevis TWiki site.
- Note: Registered users can change and reset their passwords.